Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Our New Playtoy!

WooHoo! I have a new job! I can officially MOW my lawn now! Thanks to the wonderful tax refund from ole Uncle Sam, Brandy and I purchased a new riding lawn mower from Sears to help us keep up with our place in Caesar. And can you believe...it was delivered ON TIME! Yes, Sears called us Monday night to tell us that it would be delivered between 1:15 and 3:15 on Tuesday...expecting the same puntuality as the cable or phone company...Brandy went to the Caesar place while I was still at work, both of us expecting to still be waiting well after 3:15...well, Sears actually makes their appointments, they were arriving at the house at exactly 1:15, and in 10 minutes had the mower off the truck and were back on the road! Props to Sears!

Yesterday, I did a first cut of the nearly 4 foot tall weeds that hadn't been mowed since April when Dad, Brandy and I mowed about 3/4 of the front yard...needless to say, we got more done in three hours of mowing than in two days with a push mower! Yippie! I am so glad to have this new mower...it already needs a blade sharpening! Big Surprise there huh? I will have to post a couple of pictures of the mower as soon as I remember to bring a camera with me out there.

While mowing, I must have either upset an avian friend or either uncovered some good dinner for him...I had a hawk that was making repeated swoops down over the field as I was mowing it and at one point some part of him impacted my head! Didn't know if he was after me or the mice that were running out of the grass (I think I am a little big for him to have for dinner, so I am guessing I was just in the way of his dinner date). Again, wish I had pictures!

Due to a shortage in our last order from Fluker Farms to feed the Geckos we are baby sitting for Brad and Jen while they are in Germany, Brandy and Andy caught crickets out of the hay that I left behind while mowing yesterday. I think that D and T prefer "Wild American Crickets" than the store bought variety...they really scarfed them down!

1 comment:

GinnyDreamin' said...

WOOOHOOO!!!! Happy you are joining the mowing community!!!

DON'T FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN & A HAT!!

Love from Houston!!!