Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thinking about Life...

Been a while since I had a real thinking about life moment...Tonight we watched a great movie called "The Bucket List". Nothing like a good death movie to start you thinking about how great your life is, and how simple "real" requirements are to make a happy life. I think we all get so caught up in the material world that we forget about what we really NEED in life to make us happy. While those material things are fun, I can't stop thinking about the two questions that the movie said were asked upon arrival in Heaven...Did you have joy in your life? My answer, is a definite and resounding YES! Everything that brings me joy is constantly around me. My wife, my son, my Mom and Dad, My Sister and the remainder of my family, and all of my friends bring me more joy than I could ever express. Second Question: Did my life bring Joy to others? I certainly hope so.

I know at times we are all ready to strangle those around us when they do something that doesn't mesh perfectly with our pre-defined ideals of how something should work...So take every opportunity to tell those around you what they mean to you, and how much you love them!

On a lighter note! Officially went to the county planning office today and applied for our 911 address at the Caesar property! Yeah! Also started the process while I was there to get our location approved for our metal building to be erected! Stuck three white flags on the property to mark our driveway and the future location of the "Shed"...hopefully tomorrow we will talk to some building companies about how much this endeavor will cost. At least the building permits won't break the bank...shouldn't be more than $100 for the permits! Yeah!

2 comments:

GinnyDreamin' said...

Oh no!! You know how dangerous thinking about life can be... ;)

I LOVE YOU BRO!!!!

I'm so happy to hear you guys are making good progress on the NEW home place!! YAY!!! It will be awesome!!

HUGS, LOVE & JOY FROM HOUSTON!!!

GinnyDreamin' said...

P.S.

YOUR LIFE BRINGS JOY TO OTHERS!!!!

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE!

:)